Saturday, November 15, 2008

My life with boys

I absolutely love haveing all boys there are so many fun times and some not so fun times.  I love getting into bugs and crawly things.  I don't like spiders but bugs are very fascinating things, we are constantly reading books on bugs, drawing pictures of bugs and so on.  I only have a few rules with my kids when it comes to bugs and things 1) keep them outside, 2) if you catch it be nice and let in go sometime today and 3) don't shove them in my face.  Well today my kids were playing outside and found that if you dig through the leaves pilled in the gutter there are a lot of worms.  They got probable 20 or so worms and put them in a container and continued to play with them.  They did sneak in to the house once or twice (as usual) with them and I quickly reminded them of rule #1 so out they went.  The day went on and I was in my mom cleaning mode and started to strip the bed to wash sheets.  I pulled my covers down and I noticed a very wet kleenex on Phils side of the bed.  I went over to it and low and behold my wonderful boys had squished a handful of worms in a tissue and thought it would be a funny joke on mom and dad to find it in their bed.  I happened to be brushing my teeth at the same time so I couldn't yell at the moment.  My toothbrush thankfully has a two minute timer to help be brush better.  In this case that timer saved my kids life, for two minutes was enough time to get me to calm down and be able to somewhat reasonable talk to my kids.  I don't know if I will ever get the fascination my kids have for somethings, but hopefully I will be able to handle it as well as I did today.

7 comments:

camfox said...

Oh my goodness! What a story! Katie, I can hardly believe that. What a blessing that you were brushing your teeth. I can just imagine. Pretty gross, but what a great story. I'm still laughing.

Carrie said...

That is hilarious! I would have totally freaked out!

The Unsworth Family said...

Did I ever tell you of the time I found a whole pocket full of worms in Jacks pants as I was sorting through the laundry? He had obviously found some the day before, and tried to save them. I always check pockets when I wash, and this caught me totally off guard. I laughed so hard. You gotta love boys, someday you won't get these surprises anymore.

Kathy said...

Good thing you couldn't scream!! I would have been so grossed out! You're a great mom.

apron girls said...

i'm surprised that you didn't make their costumes. you're such a good seamstress.

Anonymous said...

That's gross! I think my girls actually love worms more than my boys. Kaitlyn my 4 year old is fascinated with them. I have the same rules. Yes, they'd try to bring them in, but I usually caught them before they made it to the bathroom, where they'd always want to play with them.
Anyhow, I can't imagine what I would have done if I found them in my bed. Good thing you had a time-out for yourself before reacting.

jefferies said...

Oh hahaha! That's totally disgusting. I'm sure I would've freaked! I like your music, by the way. And cool cricut. I just saw an infromercial for that today. I guess I will make you in charge of publicity for enrichment now! Hahaha! (yea!)